About Me

Lover of carbs, cake and all things in between. An East London girl on a year's mission to chronicle all her gastronomic highs and lows, and hopefully gain many many pounds in the process.

Monday 6 June 2011

Sunday Brunch

Brunch is something people seem to do a lot in films.  And Sex And The City.   There's something quite glamorous about it, isn't there?  Kind of decadent, like you haven't got out of bed in time for breakfast but can't make it through the agonising wait until lunch.  So on Sunday my friends and I decided to channel that movie sophistication and hit The Albion for a little weekend luxury.

It was busy, and the service was a bit slapdash (glasses of orange juice kept appearing at our table, despite us not ordering them), but the food was stellar.  J and I had granola, which was our way of feeling marginally healthy before the pastries came along.


It came with yogurt, and a yummy selection of fruits, including gooseberries.  Hello, gooseberries!  You don't show your faces enough in my life. 

Then came the dessert course (because it was past 12 by then, so we were totally allowed).   I had a flaky fresh croissant.  E had a big slab of chocolate brownie.  J hit the jackpot with a fruit Danish.


This pic is a bit blurry because the danish was making me feel weak at the knees. 

And that was our brunch.  I will be encouraging more of it in my life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment