About Me

Lover of carbs, cake and all things in between. An East London girl on a year's mission to chronicle all her gastronomic highs and lows, and hopefully gain many many pounds in the process.

Sunday 12 June 2011

Simple Spaghetti Bolognese

When I mentioned at work yesterday that I was having spaghetti bolognese for my dinner, there was a collective sigh of approval.  It's one of those meals, isn't it?  A crowd-pleasing, carb-heavy, satisfying meal - and one that you can legitimately cover in cheese before eating.  Where's the downside?

We've made spaghetti bolognese in the past with lots of different vegetables chopped in (mostly to make the mince go further).  I don't mind a couple of mushrooms, I'll tolerate some small pieces of carrot - but my real favourite is just a chopped onion, lots of garlic, and meat.  And that's it. 

That was what B made me for me on Saturday night.  He always makes the tomato sauce from scratch, cooking it for as long as possible so that it gets really thick and covers the meat properly.



Meat, pasta, cheese.  Nothing to beat it.

No comments:

Post a Comment