About Me

Lover of carbs, cake and all things in between. An East London girl on a year's mission to chronicle all her gastronomic highs and lows, and hopefully gain many many pounds in the process.

Thursday 4 August 2011

Fancy Sunday Lunch At The Wentworth

On Sunday, we went for a big family lunch at The Wentworth in Suffolk.  The Wentworth is a fancy hotel right on Aldeburgh seafront, which is lovely when the summer is finally showing its sunny face. 

Aldeburgh Suffolk seafront
Hello sunshine!

Because there were so many of us at lunch, we'd had to choose our dishes in advance.  I am bad at this.  I always make snap decisions (usually I just tick whatever contains cheese/chocolate) and then I get terrible food envy when I see the other options being served.

For the starter, I plumped for the pork and duck pate, which came wrapped in bacon (score!)

Wentworth Suffolk starter

It was accompanied by crunchy Melba toast and some kind of chutney, which was a touch too jammy for my taste.  Still, a nice starter and very prettily presented. 

For some mad reason I chose the salmon to follow.

salmon Suffolk Wentworth

Now, don't get me wrong.  I love me a bit of salmon.  And this was perfectly cooked, flaky and not too dry.  And the tomato salsa that came with it (which is invisible in the above photo) was herby and delicious.  But, really.  My sister-in-law, sitting next to me, had a plate of sliced roast beef, roast potatoes, and not-one-but-TWO yorkshires.  Why oh why didn't I order that?

For pudding, B and I democratically split the fruit salad and the chocolate torte.  There isn't a photo of that because I cleared the plate so quickly it was almost like it never existed.  Something I couldn't convince the waitress of, unfortunately. 

No comments:

Post a Comment