About Me

Lover of carbs, cake and all things in between. An East London girl on a year's mission to chronicle all her gastronomic highs and lows, and hopefully gain many many pounds in the process.

Sunday 3 July 2011

Wimbledon Picnic

B and I were exhausted on Friday night (too much Take! That! excitement for me) and neither of us could be bothered with cooking.  Also, Andy Murray was playing his semi-final match, so we wanted to throw together something quick and easy to have whilst watching him strop all over the court.

Enter, the Wimbledon picnic! 

Cooking time: nil. 
Assembly time:  approximately 5 minutes


We had olives, baguette, fresh salad (out of a bag, of course), pork pies, and two cheeses.  The only thing I "made" was the salad dressing, which was a bit of olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper, all whanged in a jug and swished with a spoon.   For the laziest dinner in the world, it was delicious.

For dessert we had jelly pots, which B found hilarious and laughed at for about ten minutes. 


I don't know why it's funny to eat jelly pots?  They're yummy! They have bits  of pineapple in them, and you can suck the jelly through your teeth (er, I mean, you can eat the jelly in a socially-appropriate and polite manner).  They remind me of the packed lunches my mum used to make for me.  Anyway, yummy not funny. 

No comments:

Post a Comment