About Me

Lover of carbs, cake and all things in between. An East London girl on a year's mission to chronicle all her gastronomic highs and lows, and hopefully gain many many pounds in the process.

Tuesday 19 July 2011

Smoked Trout & Potato Salad

Yesterday I was in CW returning some library books and posting some letters (oh, the impossibly glamorous life I lead!), which gave me the perfect opportunity to explore the recently redeveloped-and-expanded Waitrose there. I thought I'd died and gone to food lovers' heaven. That place is massive! It has a cheese counter! And a patisserie counter! I spent a very happy half-hour wandering around, but for the sake of my bank balance restricted my purchases to some lovely fruit, yogurt, and smoked trout for dinner.



I served the trout with a potato salad - I boiled the potatoes from the parents' care package until soft, then dressed them whilst still warm with lots of olive oil, salt, pepper, and fresh marjoram. 
It was all delicious - light, fresh, and summery - but, I have to confess, there just wasn't enough of it.   B looked mournfully at his empty plate and announced he could eat the same amount again. To tell the truth, I could have too.


We inhaled the whole pot of this awesome passion fruit yogurt in an attempt to silence the hunger pangs.

No comments:

Post a Comment