About Me

Lover of carbs, cake and all things in between. An East London girl on a year's mission to chronicle all her gastronomic highs and lows, and hopefully gain many many pounds in the process.

Monday 30 May 2011

A Sailor's Dinner

Ahoy there me hearties! Guess what we did this weekend? We went on a BOAT. Oh yes!

Whilst sailing, we got treated to a three course meal of locally-sourced, freshly-prepared ingredients - all cooked onboard the boat in a weeny-teeny galley kitchen. It was amazing! To start, I had a little pot of smoked mackerel pate, with a lemon slice and plenty of thick brown bread on the side. I didn't get a picture of this, as we were on a communal table and I didn't want the other diners to think I was strange. I got over that.


Here's B's main course - a huge nest of fresh smoked salmon, boiled potatoes with garlic, and vegetables. I had the pretty much the same, although I had two gigantic slices of local cured ham instead of the salmon. It was delicious - thickly cut, with a delicate sweet flavour. It went really well with the fluffy potatoes and simple vegetables.


And here's the dessert - a loganberry and apple crumble with custard. The apple was thinly sliced, so it held its shape and had some texture to it, which played very nicely against the sweet nubbly loganberries. The top was crunchy with brown sugar and the custard finished it off beautifully.

We finished up with coffee on the deck. The deck! Of the boat! Oh yes!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment