About Me

Lover of carbs, cake and all things in between. An East London girl on a year's mission to chronicle all her gastronomic highs and lows, and hopefully gain many many pounds in the process.

Wednesday 12 October 2011

It's Paella, Jim, But Not As We Know It

I've never tried to make paella before.  In my mind, it was one of those complicated dishes that involve an armful of ingredients and an awful lot of concentration.  But then J whipped up this beautiful little number for us one evening, and it got me to thinking that maybe I could tackle this paella business after all.
It probably would have helped, however, if I'd looked up the necessary ingredients first.  I picked up some prawns from the shop on the way home, but it turns out that you need more than prawns to make a paella.
Hence why my attempt looked like this:

prawn paella spinach

Ahem.  I had to use risotto rice, and red wine instead of white.  Also, spinach instead of peas.  And I only had a thimbleful of chorizo,   In all honesty, it can't be called a paella at all.  It was a big dish of rice with some prawns.  But my husband ate it just the same.  He's nice that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment