About Me

Lover of carbs, cake and all things in between. An East London girl on a year's mission to chronicle all her gastronomic highs and lows, and hopefully gain many many pounds in the process.

Thursday 5 January 2012

The Twelve Yums of Christmas: Part Eight

My mother-in-law makes her own Christmas puddings.  Isn't that impressive?  I'm pretty sure that until I met her, I didn't think that they could be made at home.  I thought you needed...I don't know actually, but possibly an industrial pudding vat?  And definitely acres of obscure ingredients, like candied peel and suet. 

I'd love to share my mother-in-law's recipe with you, but unfortunately I can't.  Not because it's secret or anything, but because I literally can't read it.  It's captured in biro on the back of a Christmas card, and has gone through so many alterations, crossings-out and re-writes that I can't make head nor tail of it.  So I'll just have to leave the pudding-making to her, and concentrate on the pudding-eating instead.  No problem.


Yom.  We're going to keep this bad boy well-wrapped in paper and string and eat it when our bodies have gone into Christmas withdrawal and we have the shakes for brandied fruit.   

No comments:

Post a Comment