About Me

Lover of carbs, cake and all things in between. An East London girl on a year's mission to chronicle all her gastronomic highs and lows, and hopefully gain many many pounds in the process.

Wednesday 7 March 2012

Possibly the Best Packed Lunch, Ever

Are you a packed lunch kind of person? Or are you more of a devil-may-care, see-how-the-mood-takes you lunch person, having sushi one day and soup the next? Oh, how I envy your carefree ways.  Because I have to confess I'm firmly in the former category, since the tin mine is located in an area of London where your lunchtime options are strictly limited to a small branch of Nisa.  Also, I like knowing what I'm going to be eating that day; if I don't take lunch with me, I always have an I-don't-know-what-I-feel-like, what-on-earth-am-I-going-to-eat panicky feeling as soon as midday approaches.

Anyway, that was just a long and roundabout way of saying that I like a good packed lunch. And, I hate to boast, but I made an AMAZING packed lunch the other day. A packed lunch to end all packed lunches. A packed lunch that, by rights, should have come with a throne, a crown, and a little sign saying KING OF EVERYTHING.  Behold:


There was a little pot of edamame (prepared this way, and then left to cool - just as yummy when cold. There was another little pot of hummus (are you impressed, as well, by my wide range of Tupperware?  I have plastic containers for any occasion.  I AM A MIDDLE-AGED SUBURBAN WOMAN).  There were crudites of raw carrot, red pepper, and celery. And, just to top things off, there was a freshly-baked, homemade granary roll.

You hate me, don't you.  I don't blame you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment