About Me

Lover of carbs, cake and all things in between. An East London girl on a year's mission to chronicle all her gastronomic highs and lows, and hopefully gain many many pounds in the process.

Wednesday 28 December 2011

The Twelve Yums of Christmas: Part One

Hello!  Have you missed me?  The past few weeks have been crazy busy, and silly things like WORK and PARTIES have got in the way of blog updates.  To make up for this inattention, I offer you a bumper package (ooh!) of all things food- and Christmas-related.  Yay!

My birthday is a couple of days before Christmas.  This is rubbish, for several reasons (guaranteed bad weather, having to wait all year for presents) but it does mean that the Christmas holidays are extra super-duper fun for me. 

This year my mother put on a traditional birthday tea for me. Complete with egg sandwiches with the crusts cut off, cheese-and-pineapple on sticks, iced gems, party rings, and mandarin-flavoured jelly.

birthday tea egg sandwiches jelly iced gems sausage rolls cheese and pineapple

Oh, and champagne.  I don't remember that turning up at my seventh birthday party, but who am I to quibble?

(The daffodils were sent by post from Truro by B's sister.  Aren't they beautiful?  So nice to have a little touch of spring in the middle of deepest darkest December.)

birthday cupcakes blue green pink icing

My sister-in-law made cupcakes for pudding, iced in blue, green, pink and purple. 

They were delicious. 

No comments:

Post a Comment