About Me

Lover of carbs, cake and all things in between. An East London girl on a year's mission to chronicle all her gastronomic highs and lows, and hopefully gain many many pounds in the process.

Friday 25 November 2011

Build Your Own Potatoes

Oooh, I do love a good baked potato.  (True fact: a couple of years ago when B went on a week's business trip, I had a baked potato for dinner nearly every night).  And I've perfected the cooking technique: ten minutes or so in the microwave to soften up, before being rolled in olive oil and put in a hottish oven for half an hour, until the insides are fluffy and the skin is just so. 

Oh dear, I've made myself hungry.  I might have a baked potato for my lunch.

I'm open to all kinds of topping for my potatoes, too.  Coleslaw?  Yummy.   Tuna mayonnaise?  Why not!  That old classic, beans and cheese?  Definitely.   So when we opened the fridge and decided to throw all the slightly tired-looking bits and bobs we found there into a pan and call it a potato topping, I was all kinds of on board.


So we stir-fried a leek, some sundried tomatoes, and a chorizo sausage until soft.  Oh, and grated a massive bowl of cheese, of course.


Nom. 

No comments:

Post a Comment